Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ho Chin Minh in black and white

As you know, I spent a few days in Saigon with the company of my parents exploring the city's wide array of cultural food, visiting sights and basically getting to understand the city a little better. There were moments where I found myself in the depths of reflection. I couldn't imagine my life being any different than it is now. That's what I love most about traveling actually. The moments you spent either sipping coffee, slurping on lemon soda or enlightening yourself with cultural taste and discoveries is when you begin to realize that you have no absolute reason to detest your life, because it is you who helps make this world go round. 

On a rainy night, my parents and I ran across the streets barefooted with our shoes tightly clutched in our hands because the rain was practically piling up against our calves. Somehow or rather, we ended up in this little pub with at least people from 10 different countries all over the world. I ordered myself the best mango smoothie I had ever had. At about 2am when the live music came to a stop, before I knew it, everybody in the room was dancing to Gangnam Style. Supper was cold as the streets were flooded. A little store at a corner stood out with its bright lights. We sat with our legs tangled to the metal stools in efforts to keep the water away. My dad, mom and I slurped on a hot bowl of what I would also say was the best Pho I had ever had for supper. 

I had so many "firsts" in Saigon.


























Love,

No comments: